All multifamily professionals have a common goal when it comes to their online advertising – leads. Despite most communities using at least one ILS and one advertising platform – like Facebook or Google Ads, many feel that they are unable to produce enough leads, either in quality or quantity.
But we’re willing to bet that you’re bringing in the clicks, but not ultimately converting those clicks into leads. That’s where you are missing out.
While clicks and click-through rates are essential, many skip out on managing their conversion rates, which means you could be allowing quality leads to slip right through your fingers.
If your campaigns have high click-through rates and many clicks, but only a few conversions, then you should focus on optimizing for conversions.
While there are many aspects to conversion rate optimization, one of the easiest and quickest strategies is to create compelling calls to action.
What is a Call-to-Action?
A call-to-action (CTA) is an image or text that encourages visitors to your webpage, landing page, blog post, or ad to take action. The action could be anything you want it to be: request more information, download an ebook, join an email list, get an ebook, purchase an item, etc. Ideally, for apartment marketing, we want the potential renter to visit your property, and we can do this by having them schedule an appointment, filling out a form, or calling you directly.
While the most common CTA is “click here,” it’s not an effective CTA. An effective CTA gives the reader a sense of urgency that inclines them to click through right now.
5 Tips for Writing a Strong CTA
- Determine Who Your Audience is and What Action You Want Them to Take: Do you have a lot of leases expiring? Or are you just looking to keep the pipeline full? By creating CTAs that target your ideal audience and the action you need them to take, you are far more likely to generate quality leads.
For example, If you need leads urgently, then your CTA could encourage visitors to act immediately – “Apply Today and Get a $20 Starbucks Gift Card.”
- Create copy that makes people want to act. As we said, the most simple call-to-action is “click here,” and should never be used. It doesn’t provide any value or create a sense of urgency with the reader.
Use action verbs that prompts the reader to engage with your site. Encourage people to act through special offers, discounts, or exclusive access and always use action words. For example, ”Move In During June and Get a $100 Visa Gift Card.”
- Include a Clear Value Proposition: Let the reader know what they can expect by clicking the CTA. Whether it’s filling out a form, getting access to a special offer, or scheduling an appointment, the reader should know what they will be getting in exchange for their click. Readers do not like to be misled or tricked, transparency is always the best option.
- Make Sure the CTA is Aligned with the Page Content: Ideally, you should have one CTA per page, and it should be aligned with the other content on the page. Meaning, if your Facebook ads landing page is all about floor plans and amenities, then an appropriate CTA on the ad could be “See Floor Plans Now.”
- Consider the Visual Design of Your CTA Button: Despite what your branding guide may say, your CTA’s should contrast with the rest of your site. Conversion rates are generally higher when the CTA button color is bright and easily distinguished from the rest of the page. After all, how will people click on the CTA if they can’t easily find it?
The Best 30 CTAs for Multifamily
- Apply Today
- Call Now
- Call for Today’s Special
- Check Availability Today
- Compare Prices
- Don’t Miss This Specials – Ends Today
- Find a Roommate
- Get a Quote
- Get First Month Free
- Join Our VIP List
- Lease Now
- Only 5 Units Left at This Price
- Pick Your Floor Plan
- Request a Tour Today
- Request Pricing Now
- Reserve Now
- Save $100 on Your Rent
- Schedule a Tour Now
- See Available Units
- See Current Specials
- See Pricing
- See Special Offers
- See The Video Tour
- Send This Floor Plan to a Friend
- Speak with a Leasing Agent
- Submit Your Application
- Take a Tour
- This Deal Ends Tonight
- View Floor Plans
- View Amenities
While CTA’s are just one piece of any marketing strategy, it’s proven that a strong CTA has a direct impact on conversions. We strongly recommend that you test different CTA’s to see what resonates most with potential renters and provides the highest quality leads.
Do you need help with your apartment marketing? Repli is a one-stop shop dedicated to streamlining your marketing efforts.
Schedule a demo today.
Siobhan Park is a Digital Marketing Specialist (and the Culture Captain) at REPLI.
A high priority in apartment marketing and multifamily, in general, is to secure solid leads. Over the past decade, technology nuances such as social media and interactive websites have been revolutionary for generating leads quickly. …
- Nov 22
- 4 mins read
It’s official. Gen Z is finally here and they are something like never before. With wildly different expectations from previous generations, their entry into the housing market is going to be a game-changer. After growing…
- Nov 07
- 4 mins read
Subscribe for Apartment Marketing Tips
- November 22, 2019
- 4 mins read
- November 7, 2019
- 4 mins read
- October 31, 2019
- 2 mins read
- October 23, 2019
- 3 mins read